The Iowa Quality Center’s 8D Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action training course follows the steps of 8D in a dynamic, instructor-led environment. This course, which focuses on problem-solving, describes to participants the methodologies that have proven to be best practices for effective 8D development. Each participant will be able to interact with all of the elements of the 8D process, including the use of tools such as Ishikawa/ Fishbone, Affinity Diagrams, Is / Is Not, Process Flow and Comparative Analysis. All activities will include industry-specific examples and terminology.
Cost: IQC Member $450 / Nonmember $500 (minimum class size of 6)
Participants will learn how to follow the 8D process steps while working in a Cross Functional Team (CFT). They will also practice problem-solving tools to support a root cause and eliminate it through permanent corrective action. Participants can expect team activities and relevant exercises in a workshop format. The Iowa Quality Center training materials and examples also provide an invaluable resource for review time after time.
Participants can expect to learn and develop skills to confidently:
- Perform 8D step by step
- Link 8D to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Product Development Process
- Facilitate an effective 8D
- Participate in 8D exercises
- Define root causes and mechanisms of failure
- Set up a Cross Functional Team (CFT)
- Determine effective Interim Containment Action
- Manage and store 8D content (Lessons Learned) for future use
- When to select and utilize tools such as:
- 5 Why
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Poka Yoke (Error Proofing)
- Understand links to Control Plan Methodology
- Complete the 8D format correctly
Classes are subject to cancellation if registration is insufficient. If canceled the registrant is entitled to a full refund OR having your registration forwarded to the next scheduled class. Cancellation by the registrant within 2 weeks of the class date will result in a 50% refund.