Where are the current gaps in your organization’s performance? Where do we start? Over the last 2 decades, the Iowa Quality Center has witnessed how impactful the Baldrige criteria is for organizations, inside Iowa and across the nation, in their journey toward Performance Excellence. The 7 criteria include the areas of Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Relations, Workforce Engagement, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Operations and Results. While the criteria questions are valuable to assess your organization’s strengths and opportunities for improvement, the answers to the questions guide direction for leaders toward building a culture of continuous improvement.
Why choose the Iowa Quality Center as a partner?
- The Iowa Quality Center (IQC) helps organizations manage their business to be more effective and efficient
- Today companies need to be constantly increasing value to customers and stakeholders by making improvements based on good decisions that will secure their future
- The IQC staff provides your leaders with a framework and useful tools for understanding organizational strengths and opportunities for improvement
The Baldrige Program is based on 7 criteria that measure the level of performance excellence of an organization. Each point has several detailed questions below the topics listed below.
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Relations
- Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management
- Workforce Engagement
Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence
State of Iowa Quality Award Program
WHERE TO START?
Tier 1 – Commitment
- Baldrige Express
- Useful as first step
- Simple and inexpensive survey to send to all employees
- Self-assessment of management
- Success Score Survey – Manage Hub
- 20 minutes to take
- 25 page report on ability to grow, innovate, reach goals
- Gallery Walk
- 5-6 hour exercise spent with senior leadership
- Helps them understand Baldrige criteria and assess strengths and opportunities for improvement
Tier 2 – Progress
- 20 page application
- Feedback Report
Tier 3 – Leadership
- 50 page application
- Feedback Report
- Possible site visit
- Potential for Award